April 25, 2008

A big MERCI



This post goes out to everyone for all the calls, cards, messages, gifts and sweet birthday gestures sent a couple weeks of go. I apologize if I was unable to receive your call or call you back, but I want to let you know you all helped to make my birthday feel extra special, especially since I'm not home to celebrate in your company.

This year's celebration was a bit of a deviation from the last four years, my first year away from Penn State. It was also the first time in about four years that I got to celebrate my bday with my family on the actual day, a very welcomed change. Just to give you all a picture, we did a bit of touring during the day and then had a huge birthday dinner at my host family's apartment. The room was decorated with balloons the kids had left messages on for each family member and the meal delicious and as always stuffing.

So thank you again. The cards were great and all the fun money will go to fun frenchy things, I promise. Gros bisous (big kisses) to everyone. I will have pictures up shortly of the birthday celebration and more importantly, all the beautiful sites we saw along our travels in France.

Note: I'm going to refrain from writing a post on the family visit here in France. Between talking to my parents and myself, I think you will all get a good idea of how awesome the vacation was. And I'd also just like to let the pictures speak for themselves. They can do it better, more beautifully and cetainly more concise than I.

Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lindsay! Love ya, The Sugar-Liss Gang.